Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Catching up is Hard to Do....

My apologies to my followers, I keep forgetting I have a blog. How irresponsible of me. It's been a whirlwhind of sorts. Shortly after launching my Facebook page and going "public" so to speak, my father had double aortic bypass surgery.  I spent quite a bit of time at my folks' house taking care of Mom, going back and forth to the hospital, and keeping up with card orders. In the midst of all that, I got a job offer. For those who don't know me personally, I've been unemployed for 18 months. After settling Dad back in at home, I started a new job. During all that, I've been busy filling orders for one of my latest products; Fancy Feet! It really started as a fluke; I wanted to make flowers for my cards, and for hair accessories, and someone suggested flip flops. Wow! Did they ever take off! To date, I've sold 32 pairs! I have many on my FB site, but it seems they were all special orders. That kept me busy, shopping for supplies and making them. I haven't been able to add to my FB page. The timing of everything has been a bit crazy, but I got it done, and I'm happy that all clients were pleased!

 
I also began a line of SunflowerShades (below) for little girls, these are sunglasses with removable and interchangable flowers. However, with how busy I've been, I have been unable to get them produced just yet.




Those who know me, know that I don't just dabble in cards- I get my hands dirty with some paint too.
I have recently purchased these chairs. I have two like this one on the left, and my dad and I built and attached a planter box to one:



Using Microsoft Paint, I have layed out the design for a couple of the chairs so far:
I'm not sure how I'm going to do the planter boxes on the two right ones, I'm looking for square baskets.  I had a thought of cutting out a circle in the two left seats and inserting clay pots. I'll be sure to post pics of the finished products!

Lastly, summer events and holidays had me busy with cardmaking as well. Cranking them out as fast as I could, I didn't take pics of a lot of them, but here are a few for you enjoy:

Baby shower

Wedding

Graduation for a male, decorated in his school colors

 My Mom's Mother's Day Card
A retirement card.

My dad's Father's Day card was a quickie; made the DAY OF..I played with some letter cuttlebug die cuts I bought at a garage sale. I know it's not the greatest, but after my dad's surgery,.It's not the outside that really counted with this one. It was the sentiment on the inside that really mattered.
Graduation cards embellished in the grad's school colors.


Thank you for taking the time to reading my blog... I'll try to update it more often!

Sincerely,

Joy


No comments:

Post a Comment